1. Production Equipment: Please list the production equipment that you use on a regular basis (eg. Cameras, lenses, flash & lighting, photo editing software).
Nikon D200, several Nikon professional lenses.
2. What do you think of photography these days?
With the advances of digital photography, there are more people getting involved in both professional and amateur photography.
3. What did you want to be when you were younger?
I wanted to be a fashion designer.
4. Tell us about the time when you first got started in photography.
I started taking pictures when I was a child. My dad was the one who taught me the basics.
5. In your opinion, what does it take to become successful in this industry?
To be successful, you need to have talent and determination.
6. What was your biggest challenge coming into this industry?
Finding time to realize all of my ideas and putting in keywords for the images.
7. What are the best perks as a Photographer?
For me, it is the ability to do what I want and when I want.
8. How do you plan for your shooting sessions?
My best images were shot without any planning at all.
9. How would you describe your work to first time viewers?
Bright, simple and natural.
10. Do you shoot to what your heart tells you or do you go through a complex checklist in your mind when you produce your work? Describe the feeling/checklist.
I always listen to my heart and it usually works.
11. From your experience, what subjects gives you the greatest satisfaction? Any examples?
Nature, macro, people and food.
12. From your experience, what subjects are the hardest to work with? Any examples?
Cranky 11 year old models.
13. What is your philosophy when it comes to your work?
My work is my passion. If I had all the money in the world, I'd still do it.
14. Describe who/what inspires you, tell us why?
15. What do you do when those creative juices just seems to evade you. How do you "get creative"?
I will just wait until those juices come back. I will also start keywording a huge backlog of my images.
16. Tell us about a time when inspiration just hits you, and you felt the insatiable urge to create. What did you do with that energy?
17. What have you discovered about yourself through photography? Whose work do you admire the most? Why?
I don’t have any idols :)
18. Do you have any advice for those who are just getting into stock photography?
Don't rush. Just take your time to study and produce better quality pictures. It will pay off in the long run.